Push pit wanted

All general discussion and links about Preludes

Push pit wanted

Postby Dave Seaman » Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:13 pm

I'm looking for a stainless steel pushpit, to fit to my Prelude. Based near Norwich. Perhaps somebody has one somewhere that is surplus to requirement , and would like to offload for an agreed sum?
Dave Seaman

Re: Push pit wanted

Postby jerryevans » Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:15 pm

Hi Dave,
Some time ago I was given another 19' Lysander, which was later scraped. Among the unsold/given away items, is the S.S. push-pit. The pull-pit went to Southampton, which was easy as it was demountable.
IF this may be of interest to you, I will try placing it on my boat, which is now home for the winter, to see if it is likely to fit your boat. The design is well made and has provision for a stern light, ie. a bracket and cable provision. Also simple main sheet traveller and control blocks either end. That was my chief reason for fitting it on my boat. It is a different design from the Procter version, in that the rail runs level round the cockpit on four legs and also fixed to the sides of the cabin. When it replaced my old galvanised push-pit, it was a great improvement, giving a better feeling of security as well as looking good.

Bearing in mind it was not designed for the Prelude, slight modification may be necessary.
(I have considered it for my boat, but other commitments precluded further progress.)

Other considerations for you are our distance apart, as I live in NW Cumbria and price, that is reasonable to each other, of course.

IF you let be know, I will check.

Jerry, In Cumbria.
jerryevans

Postby Dave Seaman » Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:04 pm

Thank you very much for your reply Jerry. However, whatever fair deal we struck for the push pit, I regret the distance between us would render it unviable.
So please don't go to any trouble measuring etc. You have been most helpful, but on this occasion, I will gracefully decline.
Thank you once again.

Best regards,
Dave
Dave Seaman

Postby jerryevans » Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:25 pm

Thanks for your reply Dave. I hope you find something to fit nearer home.

Best wishes, Jerry.
jerryevans

Return to General