Cabin Table

All general discussion and links about Preludes
Steve'n'Pat

Cabin Table

Post by Steve'n'Pat »

Hello, all.
I am making a basic table for cabin / cockpit use.
Not being able to get to the boat due to lockdown, I wonder if anyone can tell me what the width of the 1/4 berths are as I presume the table top will be stored under the cushion ( ? ) Does anyone have other ideas? I have devised a leg support to use the cutout in the fibreglass moulding. Any ideas on a support in the cockpit for alfresco dining?
Thanks!
Jeremyfisher
Global Moderator
Boat Name: Jeremy Fisher
Sail Number: 507

Re: Cabin Table

Post by Jeremyfisher »

Hi Steve

On Jeremy Fisher the table slides under the cockpit floor and as you say when up is supported by a metal leg that clips into the cutout on the seats. When eating outside we just use a small table with folding legs.

Simon
Alistair Sim

Post by Alistair Sim »

Hi, the quarter berth is 21 inches wide, the locating recess set in the starboard wall to accept the original washboard/table is 15 & 1/2 inches wide and 3/8 high - 1/2 deep.
Good luck.

Regards, Alistair.
Steve'n'Pat

Post by Steve'n'Pat »

Hello.
Thanks very much for the info.
I have gone for a slightly wider table so will have to store it under the cabin sole, as per your idea. I've put low edges on to help stop items sliding off.
I thought I'd posted a reply a couple of days ago.... but obviously a gremlin intercepted it.
Hope lockdown doesn't last too long as we want to get on top of a load of jobs ready for the season.... if it ever happens.
Stephen.