[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 78: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 78: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 78: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 78: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
Prelude Owners • View topic - Cockpit Drains

Cockpit Drains

All general discussion and links about Preludes

Cockpit Drains

Postby Bernard J. White » Sun Jan 24, 2010 3:49 pm

I sold Caspian (sail no. 24) last year, mainly because of lost mobility/agility caused by advancing years.

Caspian is now laid up for the winter and today, the new owner asked me questions about the self draining cockpi drains which I couldn't answer.

Apparently towards the end of the season one of the drains came adrift; he showed it (or part of it) to me (we were 20 miles inland nowhere near Caspian) and asked me if I could remember how it was fixed.

Regrettably I could not remember although during restoration, I had obtained drains from a wrecked Prelude, reconditioned them and fitted them to Caspian.

I had a devil of a job finding the drains: spares and/or new ones seemed to be unobtainable.

As Caspian's other drain is still in situ I suggested that he should be able to get the required information by looking at it.

I also suspect that the part of the drain attached to the hull bottom fell away and has been lost, but I would like to help him if I can.

Anyone got any bright ideas?

Bernard White
Bernard J. White

Return to General